Pakistan’s telecommunications industry holds tremendous potential for growth, investment and development. Currently, Pakistan is one of the fastest growing telecommunications market and since 2005; an FDI of approximately $ 5.7 billion (net) has been received in Pakistan’s telecom sector. The sector contributes 3% contribution to GDP and is equipped with strong human resource base, which is well-trained and educated. The sector has more than:
- 121.13 million cell phone subscribers,
- 2.2 million Broadband subscribers, and
- 30 million internet users overall.
Investment Growth Potential
- Emerging technologies (3G, 4G/LTE) coupled with transparent and liberal licensing policy provides a good launching pad for new investment in the sector.
- Pakistan ranks 4th globally in terms of broadband growth and has only 2.2 million broadband subscribers out of an estimated population of 180 million, i.e., broadband penetration of 1.22% provide a largely unaddressed market and a blue ocean opportunity for investors.