1. Pakistan Turkey Investment Roundtable, Islamabad - 17th November, 2016
The Pakistan-Turkey Investment Round Table was organized by the Board of Investment (BoI) on 17th November, 2016 at Serena Hotel, Islamabad on the sideline of 02 days official visit of Turkish President H.E. Mr. Recep Tayyip Erdogan, to Pakistan.
The President of Turkey and Prime Minister of Pakistan, Mr. Muhammad Nawaz Sharif graced the Investment Round Table. The Investment Round Table was attended by Ministers from Pakistan and Turkey as well as Presidents and CEO’s of different National and Multinational Pakistani and Turkish Companies.
2. Pakistan Belarus Investment Forum, Islamabad - 05th October, 2016
BoI organized Pakistan-Belarus Investment and Business Forum on 05th October, 2016 at Islamabad during the visit of President of Belarus to Pakistan. The forum was jointly inaugurated by President of Belarus and Prime Minister of Pakistan. A 54 Member Belarusian delegation participated in the event where as 146 officials and private sectors businessmen comprising from various sectors such as agriculture, dairy, textile, fertilizer, automotive, machinery and chemicals sectors attended the forum. The preventatives of the following Ministries made presentations and highlighted the investment opportunities and sectoral policies:
Ø Ministry of Industries & production.
Ø Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Resources.
Ø Ministry of National Food Security and Research.
Ø Ministry of Textile Industry.
Seven (7) Contracts/MOUs were signed among the Pakistani & Belarusian Companies during the forum.
3. Pakistan France Roundtable Business Forum, France - 13th September, 2016
BoI in coordination with Business France organized roundtable business forum on 13th September, 2016 at Paris, France. Dr. Miftah Ismail, MOS/Chairman led a 07 member’s delegation and made a detailed presentation on Investment Climate in Pakistan. MOS/Chairman, BoI also met with representatives from both private and public sectors including French Federation of Energy Producers, President France-Pakistan Friendship Group, Gemalto, Total, Credit Agricole Bank, French Finance Minister etc.
4. Trade and Investment Promotion Event, Oman - 3rd and 4th September, 2016
Adviser to the Prime Minister on Foreign Affairs, Mr. Sartaj Aziz visited Muscat from September 3rd-4th, 2016, at the invitation of H.E. Yusuf Bin Alawi Bin Abdullah, Minister Responsible for Foreign Affairs of Sultanate of Oman. The Adviser delivered a Keynote Speech at the 'Trade & Investment Promotion Event' organized by Pakistan Embassy, marked with presence of Prominent Businessmen as well as Chief of Investment Fund of the State General Reserve Fund, Chairman Oman Chamber of Commerce & Industry, public and private, print and electronic media as well as an International Publication. A series of interviews were recorded on the occasion.
BoI has shared a presentation on Investment Environment, Legal Framework and Special Economic Zones in Pakistan with Parep Oman for the occasion. The same was attended by prominent importers, traders and investors. The event highlighted economic turnaround in Pakistan, ongoing FDI activity, potential for exports to Oman, Ports connectivity, ferry service, CPEC and cooperation in Oil & Gas sector.
5. Pakistan Trade and Investment Forum, Italy - 05th April, 2016
BoI in collaboration with the Embassy of Pakistan in Italy organized “Pakistan Trade & Investment Forum” in Rome, Italy on 5th April, 2016. Dr. Miftah Ismail, Minister of State/Chairman, BoI led a 27 member business delegation comprising entrepreneurs from various sectors including representatives of Italian companies working in Pakistan. The delegation held different meetings with representatives of both public and private sectors. The purpose of the visit was to invite Italian businessmen to Invest in Pakistan and to enhance trade and investment relations between the two countries.
6. Pakistan Iran Business Forum, Islamabad - 25th March, 2016
BoI organized Pakistan-Iran Business Forum, on 25th March, 2016 at Islamabad, during the visit of the President of Iran to Pakistan. A 53 members business delegation accompanied President of Iran representing Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Agriculture, Sports and Marble sectors participated in the forum. A comprehensive presentation on investment regime and Special Economic Zones (SEZs) in Pakistan was given by BoI.
7. Pakistan Russia Investment Forum, Islamabad - 19th November, 2015
||Presentation on Water & Power
||Presentation on Petroleum
||Presentation on Food Security
||Presentation on Industries and Production
||Presentation on Communications
||Presentation on Textile
||Presentation on Information Technology
8. Pakistan Belarus Business & Investment Forum, Islamabad - 10th November, 2015
9. Pakistan Investment Conference - 2015 - 04th-05th November, 2015
• Board of Investment organized Pakistan Investment Conference on November 4-5, 2015 in Islamabad. It was aimed to highlight investment opportunities available in the country and project soft image of Pakistan.
• The conference was inaugurated by the Prime Minister of Pakistan.
• The conference provided an opportunity to businessmen / investors of participating countries and local investors to interact with each other and explore joint venture business / investment opportunities in various sectors.
• President of Pakistan hosted dinner in honour of conference delegates in the evening of the 4th November, 2015 at Awan-e-Sadr, Islamabad.
• Overseas Pakistanis plays an important role in economy of Pakistan by contributing valuable foreign exchange. Keeping in view in mind, Board of Investment (BOI) invited them through Pakistan Missions in the Pakistan Investment Conference 2015. Over 50 Overseas Pakistanis participated from all around the world.
• After the 18th Amendment, the provinces are at advantage to showcase their potential. To achieve this end, Board of investment has specially allocated Day Two of the conference to Provinces to present their investment potential.
• Separate stalls were set up by all Provincial Board of Investment to showcase their respective niche whether Agriculture, Minerals, Leather, etc.
• During the eight focused sectoral sessions, investors were apprised about the conducive investment climate and opportunities available for investment. The delegates exchanged views in these sessions on the potential sectors such as Water & Power, Oil & Gas, Agriculture & Livestock, Textile & other Industries, SEZs initiative, Investment & Business opportunities in all the four provinces.
• Various Federal Ministers (Minister for Finance, Revenue, Economic Affairs, Statistics and Privatization, Minister for Commerce, Minister for National Food Security & Exchange, Minister of State / Chairman, Privatization, Minister for Water & Power, Minister for Petroleum & Natural Resources, Minister for Planning, Development & Reforms) briefed the participants about enormous opportunities available in the country.
• More than 161 foreign participants including 109 foreign businessmen and 52 Overseas Pakistanis from 24 countries (Bahrain, China, United Kingdom, Korea, UAE, Bangladesh, Canada, Czech Republic, Egypt, France, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Malaysia, Netherland, Norway, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, USA, Turkey, Belarus, Switzerland) participated in the conference.
• Moreover, representatives of following major global companies participated in the conference:
• General Electric, USA
• Royal Dutch Shell,
• Proctor & Gamble, Dubai, UAE
• MAI Resources International (Switzerland) AG,
• Nor Consult, Norway
• STFA Group, Turkey
• China Gezhouba Group Corporation, China
• Sino Hydro Group China
• Credit Suisse, Singapore
• Edotco, Malaysia
• Al-Jabriya Group, Bahrain
• Swiss Kuwait SME Group, Kuwait
• Noor Financial and Investment Company, Kuwait
• Korea Importers Association, Korea
• Bakri Int'l Energy Co., Kuwait
• Al-Wasmiya Group Bahrain
• Beijing International Culture Peace Foundation, China
• Eagle Power Sri Lanka
• M& M Enterprises, USA
• Excelerate Energy, USA
• Zam Inter, Moscow, Russia
• Asia Group of Industries, Bangladesh
• Kuwait Gulf Group, Kuwait
• Juksan Machinery Co. Ltd. Korea
• Saudi Export Program, Saudi Arabia
• More than 400 local businessmen also participated in the conference including Prominent Businessmen and members of FPCCI, OICCI, ABC, PBC and various Chambers of Commerce & Industries.
• Mr. Vitaly Vovk, Minister for Industries, Republic of Belarus along with a delegation of more than 42 members participated in the conference.
• Nine (09) Honorary Investment Counsellors (HIC) of Pakistan from Bahrain (02), New Zealand (01), Hong Kong (02), Norway (01), France (01), Sri Lanka (01) and China (01) participated along with delegations.
• 67 Diplomats including Ambassadors and commercial counselors of Foreign Missions based in Islamabad have participated.
• Participation of such a large number of foreign delegates is a confidence booster for the country under the prevailing circumstances.
• Concluding session was chaired by Mohammad Ishaq Dar, Minister for Finance, Revenue, Economic Affairs, Statistic and Privatization. It was followed by a press conference by Senator Pervaiz Rashid, Minister for Information, Broadcasting & National Heritage with Dr. Miftah Ismail, Minister of State/Chairman BOI.